American Testing Services is 100% Employee-Owned.
American Testing Services established its Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) in 2019. This means all employees now have the benefit of owning part of the company for which they work. Shares are contributed by the company each year. The shares are privately held and are not subject to trading and market fluctuations.
An employee’s ESOP account grows with their length of service and as the company succeeds. The benefit for American Testing Services comes in the form of cash flow, tax savings and increased productivity from engaged workers. The employees benefit by sharing in the company’s financial success.
Why Become Part of American Testing Service’s ESOP?
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision and supplemental insurance
- 401k match
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Wellness program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development assistance
- Company provided safety equipment
- Flexible schedule
Become an owner!
Unlike most other companies, American Testing Services is 100% owned by our employees. It is a source of pride for every one of our employee-owners that we have a vested interest in the day-to-day success of our company. We share American Testing Services’ growth and profitability. We are accountable to ourselves for doing everything it takes to serve our customers with excellence and to make American Testing Services the best it can be.
Currently accepting resumes for:
American Testing Services, Ltd. is recognized as a leader in materials testing for the Aerospace, Automotive, Nuclear, Medical industries and more. The materials we test are used in commercial aircraft, national defense applications, rockets, and commercial manufacturing. American Testing has a reputation for industry knowledge, experience and quick turn-around. Our commitment to our customers is strongly supported by our dedicated staff.
American Testing is looking to fill the role of Metallurgical Engineer. In this position you will work with clients to solve materials and processing problems; perform failure analysis of products; perform metals fractography and help clients improve manufacturing materials or processes.
• Perform Scanning Electron Microscopy, Energy Dispersive X-ray Spectroscopy, Wavelength Dispersive X-ray Spectroscopy and other materials analyses on a wide range of materials for clients from the metals, polymer, coatings, adhesives, biomaterials, platings and electronics industries.
• Work directly with clients either individually or with a team of material scientists to: solve materials and processing problems; perform failure analysis of products; and improve manufacturing materials or processes.
• Work closely with other departments such as NDT, calibrations, training and consulting.
• Bachelor of Science in Metallurgical Engineering or Materials Science
• 5+ years of related industrial experience
• US Citizenship required
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong time-management skills
• Strong failure investigation and scanning electron microscope skills
• Solid knowledge of ISO9001, ISO 17025, GE-S400
• Solid knowledge of material processing
• Solid knowledge of chemistry, metallography, mechanical and weld testing
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and team building skills
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) as well as other organizational/planning tools
• Must possess strong decision making and problem-solving skills including the ability to solve problems while exhibiting practical judgment and realistic understanding of the issues involved
• Ability to overcome obstacles and find reasonable resolutions to situations on a case-by-case basis as encountered
• Employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
• Health insurance – Medical, dental, vision and supplemental insurance offered
• Wellness program
• Tuition reimbursement
• Professional development assistance
• Life insurance
• Paid Holidays
• Paid time off
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
• One location, Miamisburg, Ohio
At this time we are not specifically looking to fill a current opening but we are always interested in adding great people to our growing Team. Let us know your specific skills and where you might fit in at American Testing Services. Typical positions within the company include:
- Shipping and Receiving