American Testing Services is currently looking for qualified Level II MT and PT Technicians to support our Dayton, Ohio lab and field operations.
Level II Technicians will perform calibrations, nondestructive tests, and evaluations for acceptance or rejection determinations according to written instructions and record results. Level II Technicians are qualified to set up and calibrate equipment and to interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications. Level II Technicians are thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the method of NDT being used and should exercise assigned responsibility for on-the-job training and guidance of assistants. Level II Technicians organize and report results of NDT.
- Set up and calibrate nondestructive testing equipment. Conduct tests to ensure quality or detect discontinuities (defects) using NDT methods of inspection.
- Establish techniques for proper examination of objects under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations.
- Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results.
- Organize and report test results.
- Perform specialized inspections.
- May instruct and supervise others.
- Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management .
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- NDT Level II MT and/or PT certifications
- Technical background in NDT methods and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform assigned NDT tasks and interpret results of inspections
- Knowledge of NDT equipment
- Strong work ethic
- Exceptional safety and quality awareness
- Mechanical aptitude
- Adaptable to changing schedules
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Team work
- Ability to follow directions and procedures
- Willingness to travel
Physical Demands and Work Conditions
- Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, visual acuity, accommodation and color vision
- Moving, carrying, lifting, objects in excess of 50 lbs
- Climbing and working off of ladders, stairs, and scaffolding in excess of 100 ft
- Working extended hours and standing for extended periods of time
- Work in indoor and outdoor environments in conditions of extreme heat and cold
- Work in and near industrial hazards.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and supplemental insurance
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off